My Data Outlet
Updated January 24, 2022
We operate mydataoutlet.com (the “Site”) in connection with the development and licensure of proprietary software and the provision of corresponding services related to data integration (the “Services”). This Policy applies to information we collect from you if you visit the Site or utilize our Services. Services are provided to our clients pursuant to written agreements authorizing clients and their employees to use the Services.
This Policy does not apply to our use of information that we have obtained from any other source, such as from a public record. If you choose to use our Services, then you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that can be used to distinguish or trace your identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. PII may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Credit Card Number and Billing Information;
- Social Security Number; and
- Usage Data.
- Information You Provide. When using the Site, we may collect your name, email, phone number and other information you provide when you submit a request to contact us. When you use our Services, we may collect information from you including your name, contact details, and payment information.
- Log Data. When you visit our Site or use our Services, we collect “Log Data”. Log Data is information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website. Log Data may include your internet protocol (“IP”) address, the browser you are using, Site pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, time spent on each Site page, the website you were visiting before coming to our Site, and other statistics. We may use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service to facilitate technical administration and to improve functionality of the Site and Services.
You may change your browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. However, if you turn off cookies, some Site features may be disabled and you may lose some functionality.
- How We Use Your Information.
a. Use of Information. We may use the information we collect from you when you use the Services, submit an inquiry via the Site, visit pages on the Site, or certain other Site features to do any of the following:
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Provide certain functions for use of our Site and Services;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Process inquiries;
- Send you related information, including marketing, sales, and promotional communications;
- Personalize and enhance your experience with the Site and Services;
- Process your information for legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to, data analysis, identifying usage trends, and improving the Services.
b. Sale of Information. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users and clients, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
c. Compliance with Laws. We may cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with federal, state, or local laws. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and the legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of us or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
d. Business Transactions. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your PII, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets in the event of bankruptcy.
- Third Party Links. Our Site and Services may contain links to other websites. If you clink on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- We value your trust in providing your PII to us and strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting your information. Please note that no method of electronic transmission or storage of information over the internet is 100% reliable, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of a data breach that results in unauthorized access to or disclosure of your PII, we may make any legally required disclosures to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site.
- Children’s Privacy. Our Site and Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will delete such information from our files.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We do not meet the definition of a “Business” under the CCPA and are not required to comply with the CCPA. However, we will take commercially reasonable steps to comply with your request for a copy of your PII, the deletion of your PII (subject to our standard data retention procedures, any legal obligations, use for detection of security incidents, debugging, or similar reasons), or the disclosure of the PII we collect, use and disclose.
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are subject to the rules and regulations of the GDPR, we are the data controller of your PII unless the data is collected by one of our service providers. We may process your PII if you have given your consent, to perform a contract or agreement with you, to comply with legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate interests. We will clarify the specific legal basis for processing your data upon your request.
If you are within the EU, you have the rights to:
- Access, update, or delete your PII;
- Object to the processing of your PII;
- Request transfer of your PII;
- Withdraw your consent to processing of your PII.
Please use the contact information in Section 14 to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
- International Transfer. Your information may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, transfers information to the United States and processes it there.
- Promotional Emails. You may unsubscribe from any promotional emails by following the instructions provided in such emails.
- Changes to this Policy. From time to time, we may make changes and updates to this Policy and will update the “Updated” date above. Any changes to the Policy will be effective immediately. If there is a material change to the Policy, we will notify you of such changes. You should review this Policy periodically for any changes.
- Contact Us. Please contact us with any questions or requests regarding this Policy at 7622 W. Balmoral, Chicago, Illinois 60656, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.