Quantitative Software Consultant (QSC)
My Data Outlet (“MDO”) is an innovator in delivering data integration tools for Research and Financial modeling. The MDO platform for quantitative equity research plugs multiple data sources into our financial data API. MDO gives users a single access point through R and Python for extracting data, factor research, and deploying models into production. MDO is based in Chicago, Illinois. For more information, please visit mydataoutlet.com.
The Quantitative Software Consultant (QSC) will be responsible for supporting clients using the MDO platform. This means that this person will need to use both Python and R, understand the underlying content sets, and be able to work directly with clients. This is a full time salaried position with tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Provide direct specialized customer service support to analysts, researchers, and quants at the world’s largest and most prominent investment firms, banks and hedge funds
- Assist clients in understanding, extracting and correct usage of using the My Data Outlet platform for their back-testing models
- Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and data functionality, and work with internal and external parties including vendors through to resolution
- Build and foster relationships with existing clients through training, client meetings, and implementation support
- Meet with prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and assist in the onboarding of new business
- BS degree in Computer Science or Finance
- Strong coding skills in R and/or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and Microsoft SQL coding experience
- Experience in quantitative analytics / equity research / equity or financial modeling
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with QA Direct, FactSet, or CapIQ a plus
- Experience with financial data such as Compustat, Worldscope, IDC, MSCI a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and Snowflake a plus
- 0-5 years experience
To apply for the position please send a resume to email@example.com.